Spam Offer by JMAC
To senders of uninvited email solicitations
Version May 31 Copyright (C) 2002 JMAC
TAKE NOTICE that I am unwilling to be freely emailed
junk, and that I reserve my right to take action against anyone sending me email
contrary to the Notification and Offer below.
Rights in the text of this Spam Offer
Copying, redistribution, modification and production of derived works of this
Spam Offer are permitted only under the GNU
General Public License (GPL). The copyright of most parts of this document
are held by Junkbusters Corporation and are used here by permission under the
GPL. This Spam Offer comes with no warranty. If clarification
is needed refer first to the document titled About Junkbusters SPAMOFF
published by Junkbusters Corporation; for copies see www.junkbusters.com.
Copies of the GPL are available there or from the Free Software Foundation, 675
Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
I permit anyone who receives an uninvited solicitation by email (``You'') to
include my name and my email address(es) given below in Your reply to the sender
or the sender's agent, on the following four conditions.
I permit my name and my email address(es) below to be included in lists
published on the Web of people who have adopted the same Notification and
Offer and Notice of Permission .
I do not want to receive uninvited solicitations by email (``Junk Email''). I am
unwilling to receive Junk Email freely because it costs me time and money. If
you send me any Junk Email other than on the terms of the offer set out in the
following nine points, I will take this to mean that you plan to use what I
offered you without paying for it. If you ever try to do this I reserve my right
to take any action available to me without further reference to you. Actions
available to me include taking proceedings against you for negligence or breach
of contract, which may result in substantial damages being awarded against you
by a court. The unauthorized use of my computing facilities may even be a crime.
- Your reply must consist of the Notification and Offer quoted here
(or any similar version published by Junkbusters) and the copyright notice.
It may also include the names and email addresses of others who have also
issued this same Notice of Permission.
- The reply must be made in a responsible and reasonable manner. It must not
be sent in large or bulk email messages.
- You must not do anything that imposes any cost, liability or obligation on
- Your reply is Yours, not ours. You are not authorized to act on my behalf
in any way.
- I offer to receive all further email from you on the terms set out below.
If you send me any solicitation by email without my express prior written
consent this will be taken as your acceptance of this offer.
- For the purposes of points 3 and 4, you will be taken to have sent any
email sent by any entity apparently associated with you for the purpose of
sending email solicitations.
- You must pay me ten US dollars for each such item of email that you send
- You must pay me ten US dollars for each copy of each email solicitation
that you send to anybody or any email address referred to below, even if you
don't send a copy to me. You may also have to pay other persons as well if
they have sent you a similar offer.
- I may join with any of those persons for the purpose of efficiently
collecting your payments.
- You must mail payment by certified check to me within five working days of
the transmission of the email. If you do not know where to send payment, you
must state this in the email and give me an easy way to tell you.
- Each email item must be uniquely identified, and each payment must clearly
identify the relevant item or items.
- You must tell me your name and full business and residential addresses in
each email message.
- I may vary the terms of or terminate this offer at any time (even after
you have accepted it). Any new terms will apply to all email you send after
you have been notified of a variation.
Name : JMAC
URL : http://www.jmac.net/spamoff.htm
End of Spam Offer (ID#: